Monday, December 29, 2008

PRERNA


When I was about to come in this world, I asked God who will take care of me…who will protect me from all the dangers…who will be with me during all my ups n downs..
God said..a guy with heavy voice but beautiful heart,..he will look tough from outside but will be very loving..
I came into this world & met him…I slept in his arms…he made me learn how to walk..how to speak..he was always with me during all my evens and odds…I call him DAD..

Its true that 4 every child ,their dad is supposed to be the strongest and dearest of all…but it’s the fact of my life…
Since my childhood, you were always a source of inspiration for me…PRERNA ki PRERNA..

I had a very colorful childhood & I say it with great pride that he is the color of my life..I still remember those days when we used to play, fight, wrestle like same age kids. And when it used to come on facing mom, we were always in same group.

Dad you were always my DOST..!!! No matter what the game be. Whether chess, carom or cricket. The one sided cricket match was always ruled by you. Me on balling side, mom at fielding & you..BATTING..!!!

Remember you bought me a bow-arrow from shilpgram… You used to play more than me. And finally broke the glass window of my room..

You are still a kid at heart..!! Games used to come on my name but dad used to play it more than me. Ohhh that video game too… I still remember you used to wake me n mom at 11.30 at night just to make us see the next stage of MINE SWEEPER..!!!

My favorite time used to be running round-n-round in home. We just needed any small reason for that… And the very next view would be either me running behind u from sitting room to dining hall & then to bedroom & then back to sitting room or u behind me… Even mom used to join us many a times!!

You had a habit of teasing me and taking PANGA from me… My top gun was to hide your office keys.. I used to hide them to most stupid place & used to make you run behind me especially at noon!!

Your T-shirts were my all time favorites.. No matter how big they were for me, but I always used to manage it to wear them. And the funniest part was we fighting for same shirt and shoes when we had to go out. We had to always wear same at the same time.

MOST WONDERFUL TIME we had… We were free from Dracula..!! Aaahaa tiger suits more… he he he…Mom went to Gurgaon for giving some exams…
It was almost a month long freedom. Me and dad to rule home..Our maid Manju went for indefinite off..We managed almost a week without washing utensils & using banana leaves. But then the day came when we had to wash utensils. But how? I did not know at that time & best ever expected from dad that even he didn’t know..he he he
And as always he came out with this wonderful innovative idea… Dad asked me to get all the dishes out in the garden. I applied soap on the utensils and now what…?? Dad was sitting on the top of the stairs and was holding this long black pipe aiming towards me.. And I had to defense myself using those utensils… Gawd I was all wet and dishes were all clean..!!!

DAD THE GREAT CHEF!!
Who says dads do not exploit..here is the great example:

That evening he came out with a new amazing plan..Priyu lets make custard..and me 11yrs old baby all excited and filled with excitement got ready..
Here comes dad’s fabulous idea
Lets divide custard making task 50-50 so that it can b done fast.
He selected mixing custard powder into a cup of milk & asked me 2 boil milk .

And finaly..
I was sitting in hot kitchen with sweat all on me during peak summers on slab to get the milk boil properly & dad sitting in icy cool bedroom watching TV & mixing custard powder..
50-50 job division..!!!


Though I have tried my best to express what you mean to me..How special is the time spent with you. But still it’s just a few fraction of all that you mean to me.
Mom is your oxygen and you are MINE..!!

CONGRATULATIONS for completing half century. But dad, Indian Cricket Team relies all on you…So we need a complete CENTURY..!!!

LOVE YOU DAD…CHEERS..!!

4 comments:

  1. My Dear Bhaisahab and Bhabhiji and Priyu.

    Today is 30th Dec-2008 and your birthday.First of all wishing to you very happy birthday. Many many happy return of this day in your life.Moreover, new year 2009 will start after two days. On this occations, wishing a very very happy new year 2009 to you and your family.
    We are all fine here and missing to you very much. Kindly make one trip for here. Sushma, Manu, Anu all are fine here.
    Rest is going well here.

    Your brother

    (Rakesh Kumar)
    Manager (I.T.),
    Cachar Paper Mill (HPC Ltd)
    PANCHGRAM (ASSAM)
    Cell Phone : 94351-64023

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Uncle...

    wish u many many happy returns of the day...

    and hey priyu... what an amazing blog!!!! I fall short of words to describe it..

    Bhavit Sharma
    (Banu)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Uncle,

    You look as great as ever in Pics...

    Keep Smiling and Happy Birthday to u(though i m Late....But on Time.)

    Wish u a gr8 Lyf ahead..

    Keep Smiling Alys

    Shweta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Uncle,

    Wish u a very happy b'day :) You are blessed to have a daughter like Priyu :)

    Regard,
    Prateek Mehrotra

    ReplyDelete