Monday, December 29, 2008

VINEET (REVRI)

Hi Mukesh

OH! Sorry M---da

This seems to be story of recent past when I joined in the Government Inter College, Roorkee in the year 1971 in VIII standard. There were a few old faces e.g. Sushil, Gurudarshan Singh, Sanjay Seth and some more of my primary school called “Kalavati Vidya Mandir”. In fact I was comfortable seeing some old faces. Teacher gave me seat in the front row where happened to be Rajeev Sethi used to sit and he was a close associate of Gurudarshan Singh who by that time became the ‘Dada’ of the class. He had old rivalry with me in Kalawati School where I have beaten him many time got a chance to take his revenge and he instigated Rajeev Sethi. He threw my school bag and abused at me. I got angry and took no time in wrestle with him. With a trick of ‘Dhobi Path’ I climbed on his chest and by the time teacher entered in the class. Dinesh Mohan (Bander) became my first friend and offered me a seat. After that period many of the classmates boosted me and Chadaofy me. Gurudarshan who was moving with a gang of seven-eight boys of the class, tried again many a time but I warned him not to come in my way. Later on with time I realised that this is not my cup of tea and slowly withdrawn and settled down. Over a period of time many students of class became my friends.

In one of the reshuffle in the class seating arrangement I was given seat with Arvind (Kundan Halwai wala) and one more, Johri of Railway Colony used to sit behind me and I don’t remember the exact incident but he gave me a name in the school. I think you were the master mind behind that because you were among the most excited person after this ‘Namkaran Sanskar’ and gave a wide publicity.

Do you recall our Sundriyalji the Sanskrit teacher, when everybody in the class used to stand up and touch his feet on his arrival in the class and he used to “Jhidkofy” and say “Door Hato Dushto”. In this process half the time of that period used to pass in settling down and there was hardly any time left for the lecture. Once somebody pinched on his feet and then he got annoyed and left the class. I think you were the culprit.

In the same year, the Maths teacher, the Class use to call him “Chakotra” was writing on black board and “Pahari” Ravinder Goel got-up and said “Chakotra” loudly and by the time teacher could turn he sat down and then there was a big laughter cracked down. The whole class could not resist laughing loudly except “pahari” and teacher caught him immediately and punished.

Do you remember when you said that “Actor to Sharif Hote Hain”? Somebody picked up this and made a point to tease you. We all were teasing you especially Sushil pulled you for hours and you were running all nook and corner of the class and finally in school. You made all efforts to shut the mouths and stop teasing. But that was the day a Namkaran Sanskar Wahan per Hua tha, I think “Actor Sharif” was the another name given.

I know you were a tough fighter and had a great stamina, we all used to catch you but you had very flexible slim body. to my memory hardly anybody could succeed in catching you. You tried to impress us by doing pull-ups and other acrobatic on parallel bars once we went to University Pavilion and demonstrated you skills on other equipments.

You were very creasy of eating the “Gular Fruit” you used to open up the “Gular Fruit” and gulp it up; it used to give me like chalk and cheese feeling. My God!

One day somebody threw a pebble on honeycomb in interval and there was an attack of honey bees all over. The hawkers ran away leaving there “Rehdy” alone. Pahari, hiding under one of the Rehdy picked up some Samosas and distributed among other friends hiding with him.

The Great Principal of Great School Mr Tola Ram Nim was a unique character, for a smallest mistake he used to ask “Likh Kar Muafi Mango”

How many nick names were given by our class? If I list it down it will fill all the space. Anyway let me try:
Actor Sharif / Makoda
Revary /Gazak
Tota
Kabari
Kali Chidiya
Chakotara
BSM
Pahari
Gainda
Ganja
Bander
Chander
Nayewali
Pachhi
And many more I am not able to recollect, may be if you can add some more names.

Everybody in our batch was of his own class, be it Tota-kabadi, Bander-Chander, Krishnavtar-Yogesh, Jaggi etc. I recall one of the Gang of boys (as there were many Gangs in our batch)stole the seal of Negi Sir the Hindi Teacher, who happened to be I/c NCC and once they made a requisition of Samosa in the name of distribution of Samosas after the weekly NCC Parade and collected around sixty numbers from Kundan Halwai. I was told that the Gang took that basket near canal bank and ate as much as they could and rest they thrown in the canal.

Once another Gang planned to rob the school cash but they could not succeed.

Another Gang was habitual of watching first day first show on and for that matter they used to cycle down to Haridwar for that.

In 11th & 12th standard, the whole class was more interested in passing most of the time in making fun even during subject class like Maths & Physics. Teacher of Maths, Physics & chemistry were more interested in taking privet tuitions. Mr Joshi the lecturer of Physics used to be more interested in telling crickets stories rather then teaching the subject. Some of us were smart they were never serious during the school timing but at home may be the strict discipline at home didn’t allow them to loose time and finally succeeded.

It looks like that not much of the time has passed. Many old memories sweet or sour got imprinted in our mind and made a great impact in shaping our personality. Whatever we are today is result of our past. Many things we achieved in our life are the results of our deeds good or bad. It depends upon various external and internal factors but we fail to recognise them. The atmosphere we get, the friends we live with are not in our hands. The support and cooperation, energy flow through us which make us something very special and unique are not ours. This truth each one of us must realise. Sooner is better, but this is the fact we have to understand. Those don’t develop this insight perish at the end.

The batch I consider was the most notorious one on the earth of that time. The school was having contrast of good and bad forces around but there was no dearth of talent …..

At the end I can say we had a fabulous time during our school days and the exposure we got, was unmatched which has led us to achieve greater heights.

Dear, I am very happy to see the excitement in Prerna Beti and Bhabhiji in celebrating your 50th B’day.

Dear, looking to see you all soon and have a nice time.

At the end I can only say that “Chalo Tere Din bhi Badal Gaye” Lekin Itna Jarroor Kahunga “Yaar Ab To Sudhar Jaa, Apni Harkatoo Ko Badal ley Makodey”.


Vineet

No comments:

Post a Comment